Note: All prices in US Dollars
Click Add to Cart to order this product
Guardian Air/Vacuum Relief Air Vent
- Commonly used downstream of valves, primarily at manifolds, to
break vacuum caused by system draining.
- On sloping terrain to prevent collapsing of pipes caused by vacuum
when pipe networks drain.
Stages of Operation
1. The Guardian releases large quantities of air through an opening equal to a large size standard vent. As water enters, the float rises and forces the valve to close.
2. During normal flow, while the line is under pressure, the valve remains closed.
3. As the line empties, or during a drop in pressure, the float drops down and opens the valve. Air is admitted, breaking the vacuum created by the withdrawing water and prevents the collapse of pipelines and suction of soil into dripperlines.
Available in 3/4", 1" and 2". Built-in schrader valve on 3/4" and 1" sizes.